Whilst the country has been on lock down pupils have missed out on the opportunity to take part in PE lessons and school sports events. To help address this we have designed a range of COVID safe Norfolk School Games virtual competitions for schools to take part in during the Autumn Term.
Rather than focus on individual pupils sporting abilities the competitions reward whole classes for working together to achieve their best overall score.
We have designed a range of fun virtual competitions for pupils in Primary and Secondary schools. For each competition there is a resource card which explains the competition, a video to demonstrate how to complete the competitions, plus an online entry form.
All competitions will open on Tuesday 29th September and entries will close on Friday 11th December.
|Primary School Competitions|
|Secondary School Competitions|
How to Enter
To enter click on the “Enter” link in the table above. Results should only be submitted by school staff. We will regularly publish results so schools can compare results between their own classes and also against different schools within their School Sport Partnership (SSP) and across Norfolk.
School Games Values
During each of the competitions pupils are challenged to demonstrate the School Games values;
- Determination – Determination is about the journey you go on to push yourself and achieve your dreams. Have the mental strength and self discipline to overcome obstacles, commit to your goals and keep working everyday to become the very best you can be. Don’t hold back!
- Passion – Giving it 100 percent. Putting your heart and soul into the game and never giving up. Passion makes you enter the race and passion makes you finish it.
- Respect – Respect for the referee, for the opposition, for your team mates, for yourself and for the game. Accepting victory and defeat with grace, treating others politely and with understanding. Respect everyday, for every sport and everyone.
- Honesty – Honesty with others and with yourself. Having the courage to do the right thing and what you know is right. Let the best person win, not the best cheat.
- Self Belief – You’ve got to believe to achieve. Have the self belief and confidence to succeed and reach your personal best.
- Teamwork – Treating everybody equally, supporting each other and working together to achieve at your very best level. Celebrate each others successes and be a positive team player.
Schools can download a Participation Certificate for each pupil that has taken part. Schools can also download a Sportsmanship Award Certificate for pupils who have demonstrated the School Games Values whilst participating in the virtual competitions.
The School Games Virtual Competitions should be completed in accordance with your schools COVID-19 PE policy. CLICK HERE for the latest government guidance.
Please note that the virtual competitions are covered by the Norfolk School Games safeguarding documents and policies. When submitting videos of pupils (gymnastics and dance) please ensure that your school photo/video consent policy is followed at all times. No videos submitted as entries into the virtual competitions will be shared publicly. They will only be viewed by the competition organisers and judges.
For more information
If you have any questions about the virtual competitions please contact your local School Games Organiser.