What is the Norfolk School Games?
The Norfolk School Games is part of the national School Games which is a government led programme designed to inspire young people to be physically active for life through positive experiences of daily activity and competition. The School Games is funded by Sport
England National Lottery funding and is free for all schools to take part in.
The Games is organised by an operational group made up of representatives from Active Norfolk and the School Games Organisers(SGO’s) from the 8 School Sport Partnerships in the county.
The group is overseen by a strategy group, which comprises of stakeholders including: Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Special Schools and the Youth Sport Trust.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a year of learning from home, virtual PE lessons, clubs and fixtures being cancelled with a large majority of young people having to stay indoors. Insight shows us that this has had a significant impact on children’s physical, mental and social health.
Moving forwards the Norfolk School Games will aim to focus on supporting schools to help pupils recover from the pandemic and enjoying the benefits of an active lifestyle.
What is the vision?
The Norfolk School Games will continue to make clear and meaningful difference to the lives of children and young people that can benefit the most.
What is the mission?
Putting physical activity and competitive sport at the heart of schools and providing more young people with the opportunity to be regularly physically active and achieve their personal best.
For more information and to download the full
2021/2022 NORFOLK SCHOOL GAMES HANDBOOK – CLICK HERE
School Games Values
During each of our events pupils are challenged to demonstrate the School Games values;
- Determination – Determination is about the journey you go on to push yourself and achieve your dreams. Have the mental strength and self discipline to overcome obstacles, commit to your goals and keep working everyday to become the very best you can be. Don’t hold back!
- Passion – Giving it 100 percent. Putting your heart and soul into the game and never giving up. Passion makes you enter the race and passion makes you finish it.
- Respect – Respect for the referee, for the opposition, for your team mates, for yourself and for the game. Accepting victory and defeat with grace, treating others politely and with understanding. Respect everyday, for every sport and everyone.
- Honesty – Honesty with others and with yourself. Having the courage to do the right thing and what you know is right. Let the best person win, not the best cheat.
- Self Belief – You’ve got to believe to achieve. Have the self belief and confidence to succeed and reach your personal best.
- Teamwork – Treating everybody equally, supporting each other and working together to achieve at your very best level. Celebrate each others successes and be a positive team player.